I am giving some presentations over the next few months
- Group: Infragard
- Topic: Linux and Security
- Time: Wednesday, March 18th at 8:00 AM
- Place: FBL – 5400 University Avenue – West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
Infragard is a joint effort of businesses and the FBI. At this monthly meeting, I will be giving a talk on Linux and Security. The talk is aimed at security professionals who may not be very familiar with Linux. This is an open meeting, so anyone may attend, but they have to RSVP. If you wish to RSVP, please leave me a comment and I will get your information to the person running it.
- Group: ISSA
- Topic: Virtualization and Security
- Time: Monday, March 23rd at 11:30 AM
- Place: Buccaneer Computer Systems – 1401 50th St – West Des Moines, IA 50266
ISSA is a group of security professionals. At this monthly meeting, I will be giving a talk on Virtualization and Security. The talk is aimed at security professionals who may not be very familiar with virtualization. Anyone may attend an ISSA meeting as a guest, but to attend several, you must join. Leave a comment if you wish to be my guest.
- Group: Des Moines Web Geeks
- Topic: Web Applications and Security
- Time: Monday, April 6th at 7:00 PM
- Place: Impromptu Studio – 300 Southwest Fifth Street – Suite 220 – Des Moines, Iowa 50309
The Des Moines Web Geeks are a group of web developers. At this monthly meeting, I will be giving a talk on web applications and security. The talk is aimed at experienced web developers and technologists. We will talk about basic attacks and then play with some tools and hopefully run attacks on some web sites. We’ll try to have some sample sites running, but for a really good time, get permission from your companies to attack your own sites.
After each presentation, I will post the materials on my website. However, the more the merrier, so please come and join the discussion.